VAT: compulsory elements on invoices
The Act of January 1, 2007 specifies and completes the mandatory information on the VAT to be included in the invoices issued by the Bulgarian taxpayers.
From now on the invoices must include :
- The date of issue ;
- A sequential number ;
- The VAT number of the person issuing the invoice ;
- The VAT number of the customer ;
- The name and the customer address ;
- The name and address of the person issuing the invoice ;
- The nature and quantity of goods sold or services rendered ;
- The date on the delivery of the good or service which has been effected or completed ;
- The tax base for each rate of VAT ;
- The price excluding VAT ;
- Discounts and rebates granted ;
- The VAT rate applied ;
- The amount of VAT payable.
The amounts can be specified in different currencies , providing that the tax base and tax amount are quoted in BGN according to the requirements of art. 26 al.6 of the VAT Act.
The invoice must be prepared in duplicate and the stamp is no longer required.