Residence permits for foreigners investors in Bulgaria
Foreigners investors, third-country nationals, who wish to invest in Bulgaria settling there in the long term (over 3 month) should apply for and obtain a residence permit.
There are several types of residence permit for long term:
- Continuous stay: until one year
- Permanent residence permit : indefinite period
For foreigner investors, third-country nationals, obtaining the visa D is mandatory before apply for residence permit.
The investor has three months after his arrival in Bulgaria to establish an application for a residence permit and get it.
Long term stay
Only foreigners who respond at the two conditions may obtain residence permit:
- The foreigner who engage in commercial activity at least 10 Bulgarian nationals,
- Representatives of foreign companies who invest in Bulgaria
The residence permit can be renewable with the same conditions before his timeout period.
Permanent residence permit
The permanent residence permit can be obtained by foreigners who:
- Obtained a certificate for class investment issued by invest Bulgaria Agency, who approves, after verification of the investment plan of the company, the location of the company in the country.
- Have invested over 500.000€ through acquisition of ownership of assets of a Bulgarian company with more than 50% state or municipal participation in the capital.
- Have invested over 500.000€ of Bulgarian intellectual property.
- Have invested over 3.000.000€ in the capital of a Bulgarian company whose shares are not trades on a regular market.
- Have invested over 500.000€ in Bulgarian credit institution for a period at least 5 years.